Many different towns and dungeons exist they appear as blue and red squares respectively on your mini-map if you have been told about them by NPC's or have an Area Map Scroll active.
Towns normally have at least one guard defending them and are a safer place than the wilderness, you normally have access to some kind of merchant and a few other NPC's in towns
- up to 1 guard, 2 shops, save and 1 other NPC's can spawn
- up to 1 guard, barkeep, and 2 others can spawn
- Up to 2 guards, 3 shops and 2 other NPC's can spawn
- Up to 3 guards, 5 shops, save and 3 other NPC's can spawn
- One merchant always Spawns here, does not show on mini-map, 'listen' for them in combat.
- Small, diamond shaped, 'town' with an Altar of the Goddess, can be mistaken for the Golem Ruins
- One merchant always Spawns here
- Has a notice board the spawns 2 boxes
Snow Country Huts
- One merchant, fireplace and 2 boxes spawn here
- one guard, 2 shops, save and 1 other NPC's can spawn
- where the Iron Hag lives
- has 3 monsters and sometimes a chest
- You have to have a bounty for the door to open, can spawn Sinner Save Attendent, Sinner Merchant, Sinner's Equipment Shop and Foreign Chef NPC's. If you break in the Merchant and Equipment shop's will only serve you if you have 'Sin'.
- Small house with the Blacksmith inside
dungeons spawn harder monsters than appear on the map but normally have at lease one chest or other worthwhile object inside.
Altar (of the Goddess) Dungeon
- Medium Dungeon. Contains the Altar of the Goddess and up to 4 chests
Trapped Altar (of the Goddess) Dungeon
- Medium Dungeon. Looks like the Alter Dungeon but when you enter the alter disappears and the entrance's are closed by gates
Double Fence Depths
- Medium Vertical Dungeon with wooden walls and 3-4 chests
- Large dungeon
- Medium Dungeon. Has entry gates on north and south sides, 2 boxes, and an Iron chest in a corner room.
- Medium Dungeon. Surrounded by water, has up to 4 chests.
- Small Dungeon, diamond shaped, 'dungeon' with a golem, can be mistaken for the Altar Ruins. Golems drop 2+ gemstones
- Small Dungeon. 2 chests, 5-10 dogs/wolves. Surrounded by wood. spawn most often in the first 200Km of a quest. Can be hard to 'open' as Adventurer, Bard and Hunter classes
Green places on the map (Plus) Edit
With an Area Map Scroll active a third kind of zone appears on the map.
- Break to get a Nayuta fruit & up to 3 herbs.
Large Ice Crystal
- Break for chance to get an Ice Crystal.
- protected by ghosts can spawn up to 4 Chests.
- Break to get a night-vision herb, +2 sight, 300 turns.
- Merchant spawns here.
- Teleports the player to a random nearby location when opened. Guards a 3x3 treasury.